Friday, January 27, 2012

Occupy Fort Myers: The Geezer Baseball Edition - 2012


About 70 players from the DC area will be gathering in Fort Myers FL this weekend for the annual Ponce de Leon winter baseball week.  We will play 9 six-inning games from Monday to Friday at Terry Park, a Lee County baseball complex.  Team assignments are given out at a kick-off dinner on Sunday night.  This year my brother Bill, recently retired after 41 years of running the Park Department in Braintree MA (home of John Adams, John Quincy Adams, John Hancock, Gen. Sylvanus Thayer, and Lee Remick) will be joining me as an observer for the week.  Bill's job, apparently, will be to make sure I cut down on the lies I usually put into the blogs. 

Bill and I will start the weekend in Tampa visiting with Bill's son Ben and his wife Cristina, and Chloe and future Hall of Famer, Evan.  

I will post the first blog for the week after the kick-off dinner on Sunday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment